Improving Air Quality: Pollution Solutions for Any Home
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes
Healthy indoor air quality is achieved through a range of practices including:
- Improve indoor air quality by cleaning and replacing your air conditioning or heating units filters once every four to six weeks (or every other month) will keep your homes air properly filtered; thus maintaining healthy indoor air quality for you and your family.
- Maintain your HVAC system regularly with Air Dynamics
- Choose low-VOC flooring and furniture for your home.
- Use natural cleaners instead of those that contain varied chemicals in their ingredients.
- Tighten caps on all paint, cleaners, pesticides, and other chemical-heavy products or store them away from living areas.
- Dust and vacuum weekly using a HEPA-filter vacuum.
- Change or wash all air filters as needed.
- Avoid smoking indoors.
- Open windows for a short period of time when weather permits to let the polluted air in your home out & allow fresh air to circulate in.
- If opening the windows in your home increases allergy concerns, run your central air conditioning unit to filter the air instead.
- If you are looking for more consistent air exchange, consider an energy recovery ventilator (ERV) in moderate and warm climates or a heat recovery ventilator (HRV) in cool/cold climates.
- Always use a vent hood over the stove when frying foods.
- Air Dynamics also recommends incorporating living plants in your home whenever possible.
For more great solutions to improving the indoor air quality an in your home consider checking out the following:
Biological Pollutants’ Impact on Indoor Air Quality
UV lights Help Prevent Allergens in your HVAC system
Benefits of a Whole-House Humidifier
Should I consider an Air Cleaner for my HVAC System?
Abington, Bensalem, Cheltenham, Churchville, Croydon, Elkins Park, Glenside, Holland, Horsham, Huntingdon Valley, Jenkintown, Langhorne, New Hope, Newtown, Philadelphia, Richboro, Southampton, Washington Crossing, Willow Grove, Yardley, and more
Counties Serviced Include:
Bucks, Burlington, Camden, Mercer, Montgomery & Philadelphia